[ubuntu-us-nm] Making a WINE app the default

Leif Gregory ldgregory69 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 00:09:43 BST 2008

I've tried that already. The closest I've gotten is:

wine "/home/bishop/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/PSPad editor/PSPad.exe"

Which will kick off WINE and PSPAD opening a file with the exact name,
let's say test.txt, but it's always a blank file.

It seems WINE is getting everything but the exact path of the file I
want to open, so it opens as a new file with the correct filename. When
I save it, for some reason it's defaulting to saving in my home
directory.

i.e. Right click on /home/bishop/Documents/code/test.txt and open with
the custom command.

PSPad opens and the filename it's working with is test.txt, but it's
empty.

Add some text and click save and it defaults to saving
as /home/bishop/test.txt.

Somehow the path isn't getting passed along with the filename.

Any ideas?

--
Leif Gregory
Power Wagon Registry:  http://powerwagonregistry.org