ubuntu-us-nj Request for advice

drew pennyfeather dp55 at njit.edu
Sun May 3 02:27:41 BST 2009

Hi,
I've ran my laptop off of Ubuntu 8.10 and XP for about 2 years (dual
booting).  I currently dual boot Vista and Jaunty (9.04); i might virtualize
vista in Ubuntu through Virtualbox soon.   Should'nt have much trouble
partitioning your current HDD and adding your external HDD as extra space
for both.  (Ubuntu 9.04 will read the extra HDD if it's also NTFS quite
well).

-Drew (run1206)

p.s.  Also, post up in Ubuntuforums.com with the same question, some might
have tutorials to show how to setup your external with ubuntu as well.

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Car Mo <carmoe21 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Oh gave fat 32 up years ago due to file size restriction, on this rig got
> windoz, ubuntu & puppy linux all from the boot menu of grub.
>
> I used puppy linux as live cd & used gparted to do the nasty work, I hope
> you are aware you must defrag windows first before you do any resizing to
> make any partition & make sure you reboot windoz after defrag to get a
> proper shut down that could give you a bad experience .That is what I do
> every time when I convert my friends computer & upgrade them to ubuntu &
> puppy linux.
> Oh how sweet it is. Linux is ther real deal.......
> Carmen

Drew W. Pennyfeather
dp55 at njit.edu
AIM: run1206