ubuntu-us-nj Viruses and security concerns

dtgusa at gmail.com dtgusa at gmail.com
Sun May 3 20:16:16 BST 2009

Greetings and good day to you all:

Some of my IT buddies have stated that Ubuntu and all Lunix based OS are
virus leeches.  Their arguments are based in being open sourced and the
super user command to gain root access.

Is this true?  If yes, how does the risk compare to Windows?

If no, (in simple terms please) why?

Subordinate question; I read about a way to establish an encrypted
folder(s).  Information and links to research this would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

DTG

Database version: 6.12300