[NH LoCo] Introductions

Broderick employeeno5 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 21:19:36 GMT 2009

My name is Broderick Lang,

I'm a 26 year old Manchester native who works as an Architectural Hardware
Consultant (dealing with door and lock systems in commercial buildings). I
studied acting and philosophy in college in New York and have worked for a
number of years at various improv. theatres around the country. I haven't
traditionally been involved with software but I've been using Linux since
October 2007 with the release of Ubuntu 7.10. I believe free software is
important on a philosophical level and on practical level love all of the
tools and control that an open system provides. Using Linux, I always have
something new to learn and try which is fun for me. I think there's huge
potential for a distrobution like Ubuntu to improve the computer expereince
of many people under-served by Mircrosoft and Apple; whether it's by giving
them more options with their hardware and application choices, the lack of
resttricting licenses and fees, better security or the availability of many
languages.