[NH LoCo] Introductions

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 20:38:15 GMT 2009

I've recently asked a few new members to introduce themselves, so I'm going
to start things off with a self-intro for those who haven't met me yet.

My name is Arc Riley, I moved to Manchester Fall 2007 from Ithaca NY.  I ran
an Ubuntu oriented computer recycling program there through a community
center and was involved with the Ithaca Free Software Assoc (
http://ithacafreesoftware.org/).

I'm primarily a Python extensions developer working in both Python and C.
My programming experience and a list of projects I'm working with is at
https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/ArcRiley.  I also mentored students for the
Python Software Foundation in Google's Summer of Code in 2005, 2006, and
2007.  If anyone is interested in this I'll be presenting writing Python
extensions at PySIG tomorrow (thursday) in Manchester,
http://gnhlug.org/for details.

I've done quite a bit of home Ubuntu support and am available for hire if
you know someone who needs help transfering their files from Windows to a
new Ubuntu install or hit a weird upgrade bug.  Since I volunteer most of my
time as a developer this is my primary income and has been for many years.

There's a lot more about my involvement with Ubuntu on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArcRiley