[ubuntu-us-mi] xrdp on Ubuntu 9.04

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 03:45:49 BST 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Jay R. Wren <jrwren at xmtp.net> wrote:
> The disadvantage of NX over RDP is that in an entrenched windows environment, deployment can be an issue.

Bingo!

> With RDP, there is no deployment requirement. You tell people to "remote desktop to here" and they do.

That's the plan.  And the reverse already works in that I can use
rdesktop to connect to a Windows Terminal Server.

> I really hope that xrdp succeeds to the point that I can tell people to RDP to a linux server and they don't have to think about it. Hopefully with domain kerberos auth.

I'd be happy if plain-vanilla worked.  Right now, all I get is screen
flicker.  If it was an old-style TV, I'd think to adjust the rabbit
ears or give it a good whack.

Regards,
- Robert