[ubuntu-us-mi] Hello World

Rene Hogan hogisan at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:58:50 BST 2008

Name: R.L.Hogan (Hogi)
Place: Highland,M.
Distro: Ubuntu 7.10

Ubuntu interest---starting checking out the Linux world with Suse--then
Mandriva--settled into Ubuntu 7.04, upgrade to 7.10. Currently trying to
install 8.04 but can not get past establishing a root partition. gone back
to 7.10.
I am crossing over from Windows--Windows ME started the transition. I am
still running one of my computers with Windows XP PRO. I like what I have
seen with Linux and still on the learning curve.

Non-Ubuntu interests--biking and just about any form of racing.

plans for world domination--none. I just want to be sure that I make this
world a better place to live in.

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Kevin DuBois <kdub432 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Name: Kevin Dubois (kdubois)
>
> Place: Ann Arbor, MI for most of the year
>
> Distro(s): Ubuntu Hardy, Arch, Debian Etch
>
> Ubuntu/OSS interests: I like to help out with coding multimedia or 3d apps,
> so
> I've written a few (uncommited still, grumble) effects for Compiz Fusion,
> with some plugins in the works
>  and some things for VLC. I hope to move into kernel development too. I
> like to help
> out with user support, and I can package things poorly and reluctantly :-D.
> gave a speech about ubuntu for loco a few months ago, if any opportunities
> arise,
> I'd be happy to give more :-D
>

> non-Ubuntu interests: I'm the VP of my fraternity at U-M. I also like
> swimming, and anything outdoors-like
>

> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 6:15 AM, Wolfger <wolfger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Chatting on IRC the other day, somebody reminded me that our fine LoCo
>> hit over 100 people right after Penguicon. That, of course, is 100
>> memebers *on paper*. We've certainly not seen that many posting on
>> this list or hanging out is #ubuntu-us-mi which is what we'd really
>> like to see. Heck, I'd rather see 25 active members than 250 inactive
>> ones... So who's actually out there? Please introduce yourselves, and
>> give us an idea what your interests are (in or out of Ubuntu), where
>> in this large-ish state you live, and what activities you'd like to
>> see the LoCo (and yourself) engage in.
>>
>> Name: Wolfger (or Mike Foster, if you insist)
>>
>> Place: New Baltimore (NE Macomb County)
>>
>> Distro: Kubuntu Hardy (soon to be dual-booting with Kubuntu Intrepid)
>>
>> Ubuntu interests: I like helping out with bugs, and I'm interested in
>> learning how to package debs for Ubuntu/Debian. I'm also starting work
>> on a full-featured Twitter client called Tweek that I hope the world
>> will love. I run "bug jams" periodically, in which I explain to people
>> the very basics of doing bug triage. As I get more experienced myself,
>> I'll be passing that along to others as well.
>>
>> non-Ubuntu interests: I love watching or playing hockey (anybody need
>> a rusty goalie?), brewing beer, playing in the SCA
>> <http://scademo.com>
>>
>> Plans for world domination: Our LoCo is already one of the top-ranked
>> groups in 5-a-day <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day> but I'd like to
>> see that grow. Recently an inspired kubuntu-de.org group flew past us
>> in the rankings. I want to reclaim first place in convincing fashion,
>> but I also want to encourage other groups to participate too. Being
>> king of the hill just isn't much fun when nobody is trying to knock
>> you down. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Wolfger
>> http://wolfger.wordpress.com/
>>
>> My 5 today: #90080 (macchanger), #150557 (linux-source-2.6.20), #75818
>> (linux-source-2.6.15), #68329 (pbuilder), #185480 (octave3.0)
>> Do 5 a day - every day! https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day

> [...]

R.L.Hogan