[ubuntu-us-mi] Hello World

Kevin DuBois kdub432 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:37:10 BST 2008

Name: Kevin Dubois (kdubois)

Place: Ann Arbor, MI for most of the year

Distro(s): Ubuntu Hardy, Arch, Debian Etch

Ubuntu/OSS interests: I like to help out with coding multimedia or 3d apps,
so
I've written a few (uncommited still, grumble) effects for Compiz Fusion,
with some plugins in the works
 and some things for VLC. I hope to move into kernel development too. I like
to help
out with user support, and I can package things poorly and reluctantly :-D.
gave a speech about ubuntu for loco a few months ago, if any opportunities
arise,
I'd be happy to give more :-D

non-Ubuntu interests: I'm the VP of my fraternity at U-M. I also like
swimming, and anything outdoors-like

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 6:15 AM, Wolfger <wolfger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chatting on IRC the other day, somebody reminded me that our fine LoCo
> hit over 100 people right after Penguicon. That, of course, is 100
> memebers *on paper*. We've certainly not seen that many posting on
> this list or hanging out is #ubuntu-us-mi which is what we'd really
> like to see. Heck, I'd rather see 25 active members than 250 inactive
> ones... So who's actually out there? Please introduce yourselves, and
> give us an idea what your interests are (in or out of Ubuntu), where
> in this large-ish state you live, and what activities you'd like to
> see the LoCo (and yourself) engage in.
>
> Name: Wolfger (or Mike Foster, if you insist)
>
> Place: New Baltimore (NE Macomb County)
>
> Distro: Kubuntu Hardy (soon to be dual-booting with Kubuntu Intrepid)
>
> Ubuntu interests: I like helping out with bugs, and I'm interested in
> learning how to package debs for Ubuntu/Debian. I'm also starting work
> on a full-featured Twitter client called Tweek that I hope the world
> will love. I run "bug jams" periodically, in which I explain to people
> the very basics of doing bug triage. As I get more experienced myself,
> I'll be passing that along to others as well.
>
> non-Ubuntu interests: I love watching or playing hockey (anybody need
> a rusty goalie?), brewing beer, playing in the SCA
> <http://scademo.com>
>
> Plans for world domination: Our LoCo is already one of the top-ranked
> groups in 5-a-day <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day> but I'd like to
> see that grow. Recently an inspired kubuntu-de.org group flew past us
> in the rankings. I want to reclaim first place in convincing fashion,
> but I also want to encourage other groups to participate too. Being
> king of the hill just isn't much fun when nobody is trying to knock
> you down. :-)
>
> --
> Wolfger
> http://wolfger.wordpress.com/
>
> My 5 today: #90080 (macchanger), #150557 (linux-source-2.6.20), #75818
> (linux-source-2.6.15), #68329 (pbuilder), #185480 (octave3.0)
> Do 5 a day - every day! https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day

Kevin DuBois
kdub432 at gmail.com
PGP Key fingerprint = 80CF 7C1D 0A1C BE03 2203 95B6 1515 C3DC B6BE 7E88