[ubuntu-us-ma] Privacy and Upgrades

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 23:44:53 BST 2009

On 2009-07-02, leftyfb <leftyfb at left-click.org> wrote:

> Experience. That's my answer to the privacy question. I've had years of
> experience with dealing with people's data. You kind of train yourself
> to only look at the files to determine when/if/where they need to be
> put/moved/etc. I've had CEO's important documents staring at me in the
> face while helping with formatting. The experience helps to treat the
> entire document as just a bunch of text and not actually read it. Tough
> to explain I guess.
>
> It also comes down to trust. If you want to be trusted with the data and
> grow your business, you have to trust yourself not to do more with the
> data than is expected. This will show as professionalism to the customer
> when dealing with you face to face.

Well, i wasn't thinking so much about that. I was more concerned with
whether or not we need to be able to perform migrations without even
having to look at file names. Some people might have some folder they
think is cleverly hidden in Windows when it actually isn't containing
files where even the filenames might be private...i'm sure you can
think of at least one example of that situation. Do we expect that
people are smart enough to not hand us a computer where that kind of
thing could be an issue?

--
http://www.google.com/profiles/danny.piccirillo