[ubuntu-us-in] Sound Issues?

Vern Ceder vceder at canterburyschool.org
Sat Dec 13 19:50:09 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

> If you've been having sound issues in Hardy and/or Intrepid, it's
> *probably* because of the brand new sound server that Ubuntu has
> decided to move to, PulseAudio.
>
> Vern found an excellent article on the Ubuntu Forums for ways to go
> about fixing the problems we were having:
> <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578>

I've also posted this link on the Fort Wayne LUG's blog -
http://fortwaynelug.org/wordpress/ . Before I started digging I wasn't
really expecting that pulse was that messed up on Intrepid.

I might add that I *have* added the repositories mentioned to my
personal systems, and so far all is well. That's not really meant to be
an endorsement, just one more data point.

Cheers,
Vern

--
This time for sure!