[ubuntu-us-in] Sound Issues?

Nate Ridderman nate.ridderman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 20:04:28 GMT 2008

I'm new to this list, so hello to all. I met Simon and Vern at the K12 Open
Minds conference earlier in the year.

I didn't read through the forum posting (96 pages, holy cow!), but I had
sound system lockups when pausing music in Songbird and Rhythmbox. I
upgraded to a new pulseaudio in the intrepid-proposed repositories, and that
seems to be working better. I haven't tested it enough to know if the
problem is gone completely.

I only brought this up because some folks are more willing to use this than
a PPA repository. I'm not sure how the versions of pulseaudio compare.

Thanks!
Nate