new Koala grub info?

Paul Cartwright ubuntu at pcartwright.com
Thu Nov 19 22:25:33 GMT 2009

On Thu November 19 2009, Phillip Tarrant wrote:
> Did you upgrade to koala? or do a fresh install?
> Koala installs grub2 if doing a fresh install...
> i am 99% sure it doesn't update grub if you do an upgrade.
>
> I upgraded as to avoid using grub2 as its MUCH more complicated to edit
> then grub....
>
> Here is all you need to know about grub2

I think the answer lies in updates. I just booted my laptop and see 2 entries
for linux, ubuntu 2.6.31-11 and 2.6.31-14 . My hunch is the original Koala
install I did ( beta) was 2.6.31-11 and the FINAL is 2.6.31-14.. I forgot I
installed the beta, not the final.... but it worked fine the whole week I was
on vacation!!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800