Used laptop

Eric Weir eeweir at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 28 00:55:29 GMT 2007

On 12/27/2007 Carol E. Meacham wrote:
> What I want when the prices come down is an Asus EEE w/ 8gig HD, and
> I've seen posts in various places where others with the same idea want a
> lighter weight Ubuntu distro for the EEE and its ilk.

I've heard that Asus has decided against the EEE with a 10" screen and 8
GB SSD. I've also heard, however, that the response the EEE, the OLPC,
and another one that's due out soon, the name of which I forget -- could
it be Everex? -- will stimulate the development and release of similar
machines be other manufacturers.

If I was only going to use it as a supplement to a desktop, rather than
a replacement, the EEE is all I would really need.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA USA
eeweir at bellsouth.net