[ubuntu-florida] ssd help

Cary Haynie cary.haynie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 14:28:28 UTC 2011

Couple Questions/Points:
1) Is the drive SATA3, and if so, is the motherboard, and if so, is it
enabled properly? (I have an Asus board that required some jumping though
hoops to activate the sata3 ports in a way that linux would see them. YMMV)
2) You probably don't need to separate out /boot from / anymore, since IIRC,
SSDs have pretty uniform random access across the whole drive.
3) Stupid question, but have you tried the default ext4 partition scheme?
4) where is grub getting installed to?
5) which installer are you using? the graphical installer gets upset easily
if you deviate from the hd layout(s) it expects. Try using the alt-install
cd and if that works.
6) How much wood could a wodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?