Wow...

Christopher Rohde christopher.rohde at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:10:26 GMT 2007

Heya folks,

So the team seems to be taking off well over the last week and a half... 9
members so far, and those are only counting the ones registered to our team
on launchpad! I am impressed... whatever it is you are doing to recruit is
working. And for those of you on the mailing list who are not registered
with us in launchpad, get on it!

I was expecting this to take longer, but as we already have some membership
and already have some ideas on the table, I think we might be able to move
forward with some of them, maybe add a little team support to the individual
projects already in the works, and definitely throw some more ideas out
there... all it takes is for our team to show a sustained effort and we can
be included in the official teams list, and a true part of the ubuntu
project!

So the ideas we have on the table as of now are:
 * State-Specific install CD's (For marketing use, obviously)
 * Seeking out FreeGeek.org cooperation, or starting a group in FL
 * Parental Controls magics (That's Lando's baby... so only if he needs
help)
 * Helping BodyCoach2 come up with a business model and plan for an
ubuntu-based tech support business

Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated by all, I am sure. And as
always, if you have any friends who you think would be interested, let em
know about the team, and direct them towards our resources (the wiki,
launchpad, IRC, the forum, and the mailing list).

And please PLEASE register on launchpad.

Have a good one folks, hope to hear back soon
Chris
--
Christopher Rohde
taxnation.wordpress.com