[DC LoCo] Valve talks Steam client for Linux - SlashGear

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:03:05 UTC 2012

I think Valve's move is in response to something they saw in the Windows 8
Consumer Preview. My bet is, they sought to find answers from Microsoft to
see if their Steam client could still works the same way under the Metro UI
and found out that it couldn't and Microsoft wouldn't make concessions for
them. Everything I've read so far is that many of the well-used APIs that
Windows developers are familiar with are either going way or significantly
changing. Most desktop apps should still work, but stuff that usually sat
on the system tray like Steam won't work anymore according to the info I've
seen. In /r/gaming on Reddit I've been hearing that game devs, especially
Gabe Newell, are not happy with Windows 8 at all. Some are seriously pissed
off.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
https://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/

"Those who are angry in their religion do not live it."
--Abraham-Hicks

Break some Windows, bring freedom to your PC. www.ubuntu.com