[DC LoCo] Linux Volunteers Needed At Homeless Shelter in DC...

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 03:45:12 BST 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 22:09, matthew A <matthew22209 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I currently volunteer here:
>
> http://www.wildtech.org/v2/Locations/WildTechCCNVHomelessShelter/tabid/93/Default.aspx
>

> At the Washington DC location:
> http://www.wildtech.org/v2/ContactUs/tabid/54/Default.aspx

Tony Brown still involved?  I dropped several Ubuntu CD's his way a long
while back but then, sadly, never found the time / energy to follow-up.

I will see what I can do about making time, but no promises.   On a related
note, for those of you who may not have seen it, Thrive DC is planning a
computer training lab.  Some at HacDC say "you can't teach 'em Linux! That's
crazy!" (or messages to that effect). It would appear CCNV is perhaps
proving them wrong.  If you missed the original post, you'll find it in the
archives at:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-dc/2009-July/000669.html

--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo