[DC LoCo] Thrive DC to set up a computer classroom at HacDC

Kevin Cole kjcole at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 7 16:32:19 BST 2009

Time to get our votes for FOSS in. ;-)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [HacDC:Members] Fw: new tenant desires HacDC assistance
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:43:53 -0400
From: Elliot Williams <elliot at speakeasy.net>
To: members at hacdc.org

Hey y'all,

I don't know any more than the following e-mail, but I'm passing it on.
I'll keep folks in the loop.  Anyone interested in helping out?

Elliot.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 14:08:04 -0400
From: Brian Best <brian.best at saintstephensdc.org>
To: Elliot Williams <elliot at speakeasy.net>
Subject: new tenant desires HacDC assistance

Elliot --

An organization called Thrive DC is going to move into the ground floor, if
all goes well.  Among their many services for homeless people is a computer
training lab, and they'd be interested in talking with HacDC about any
assistance your folks would be interested in offering them to help them get
the lab set up here.  I've given your name and email to Alicia Horton,
their executive director; she or someone else will be in touch.