[DC LoCo] Linux Volunteers Needed At Homeless Shelter in DC...

flint at flint.com flint at flint.com
Wed Aug 5 13:24:49 BST 2009

Dear Matthew,

I have been doing the same thing for teens;
http://humctc.org/
and I am working on a homeless vetrans program, the draft is here;
http://docbox.flint.com/~flint/vetsplace/phtml/vetsvt.html

If I can be of any assistance, particularly in the area of system design,
let me know.

Regards,

Paul

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, matthew A wrote:

> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 22:09:41 -0400
> From: matthew A <matthew22209 at gmail.com>
> To: ubuntu-us-dc at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: [DC LoCo] Linux Volunteers Needed At Homeless Shelter in DC...
>
> I currently volunteer here:
> http://www.wildtech.org/v2/Locations/WildTechCCNVHomelessShelter/tabid/93/Default.aspx
>

> At the Washington DC location:
> http://www.wildtech.org/v2/ContactUs/tabid/54/Default.aspx
>

> Our current agenda:
> Sundays From 2-4pm
> Linux+ Student Directed Training, using Linux+ 2005 In Depth
> "Gently" introducing Linux to students, staff, and homeless shelter
> habitants through the installation of Linux and
> http://Boxee.tv<http://boxee.tv/> as
> potential replacement for cable TV.
>
> Future Goals/Agenda/Ideas:
> Clonezilla - currently install XP manually on PC's that we sell to low
> income families
> Asterisk/Google Voice - Replace current phone system for free
> incoming/outgoing calls
> LTSP - possibly, but first we have to convert lab to Linux (if that's
> even possible)
>
> If you're interested, if you have questions, or ideas, please contact me
> for further assistance.  If I can't help you, hopefully I can find
> someone that can.
>
> Matthew

Kindest Regards,

Paul Flint
(802) 479-2360

/************************************
Based upon email reliability concerns,
please send an acknowledgment in response to this note.

Paul Flint
Barre Open Systems Institute
17 Averill Street
Barre, VT
05641

http://www.bosivt.org
http://www.flint.com/home
skype: flintinfotech
Work: (202) 537-0480

Consilium                                       _
gratuitum        .~.     ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
valet            /V\      against HTML e-mail   X
quanti          /( )\     www.asciiribbon.org  / \
numerantur      ^^-^^