[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu Fun Ride Maybe

swoody swoody at ubuntu.com
Sun May 9 14:57:04 BST 2010

> Whao... That bike looked amazing. I can't even imagine a $10,000 bike, it
> must be insanely epic. I've got an old schwinn road bike which i got from
> garage sale, but I think its a great bike and should be able to keep up =)
> Uphill is hard though

I'm a big fan of older bikes myself. They have history and character that
you can't get out of a new bike, and as long as you don't buy one that's
in need of serious work, you can really get a great deal. My road bike is
a 1975 Viscount Gran Touring, and it'll be ready to roll within the next
couple of weeks when I finally get the time to repack the bearings and run
new cables. I have the bike completely torn down to the frame right now,
and have cleaned every inch of it by hand. It really lets you get to know
each and every little dent and ding, and it becomes much more personal :)

I too have been looking around CL and eBay for a nice older Schwinn. I've
been looking into either a 70's Collegiate or a 50's Schwinn beach cruiser
- probably leaning towards the cruiser ;)

--
Steve Woodruff
swoody at ubuntu.com
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/swoody