[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu Fun Ride Maybe

Kevin Harriss special.kevin at gmail.com
Tue May 4 22:40:05 BST 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Rich Johnson <nixternal at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 12:16 PM, swoody <swoody at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Also +1 on the lakefront path. I find it's rather busy and much more of a
>> people watching path. If there's interest though, I wouldn't complain if
>> we select it for our cruise.
>
> I wouldn't complain either. Maybe some of the city folk have some
> pointers for the lake front path. head south probably wouldn't be as
> busy, and i do like heading south and seeing the old projects as they
> feel a bit historical to me since i grew up in the city in the 80s
> when the projects were really famous.

Another common trip I hear about people from the city doing is biking
down to 3 Floyds Brewpub (Munster, IN) or Flossmore Station Brewpub. I
think both consist mostly of trails and ride along the Metra line. The
3 Floyds Route is about 35 miles one way if I remember correctly. I
think Flossmore might be about 20-25 miles. The Flossmore Brewpub is
right next to the Flossmore Station metra stop. That has an added
benefit of allow some people to do a half ride, aka bike down and then
train back. Also if you did the Flossmore route then if people wanted
to grab food or drink at the brewpub they could and non-cyclists could
take the metra and meet up.

Kevin