[Ubuntu Chicago] Chicago Loco wiki cleanup

Steve Woodruff swoody at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 21 23:33:50 GMT 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Richard JOHNSON <nixternal at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 11:09:05AM -0600, Steve Woodruff wrote:
>> Maybe if there are people who are at the Doc Jam today who aren't
>> interested in working on system documentation, we can put together a
>> small team to work on the wikis :)
>
> I was hoping for exactly this. Let your creative juices flow on the wiki
> pages :)  I am sitting at the Western Metra station waiting for Nathan. Got
> here about 30 minutes to early :)
>
> --
>  Name|  Richard JOHNSON
> Title|  Developer
>  WWW|  http://www.ubuntu.com
> Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
> GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738

Ok, just wanted to toss out a little report on the wiki progress so
far, and get some more input/opinions on a couple points. I think that
updating and cleaning-up the wikis is nearly complete. I merged
several pages, deleted several others, and updated whatever info I
could find. The only page that still needs some work is the Meetings
page [1], which has been merged with the Projects page (which is now
deleted). Micah did some great work on this page during the Doc Jam
(Thank you!), to clean it up quite a bit.

1) I changed the background colors of the page headers, navbar, and
page menus to try and add some contrast, and better tie in our wiki
pages to the Ubuntu wiki theme. Let me know what you guys think about
this, I was playing around with color choices, so if you don't agree
with mine I'd be happy to hear other recommendations.

2) Secondly, I was curious if anybody makes use of the '"All Subpages"
section at the bottom of our wiki Home page [2]. I was going to remove
it to clean up our main page a bit, but if anyone has use for it, I'll
leave it as-is.

3) Finally, what I had in mind was to use the Minutes page [3] to
create archives of our IRC meetings, and Micah came up with a great
way to archive info for our previous meetings [4]. However, we also
have the Team Reports page [5]. I was going to see if we still wanted
to keep our general Team Reports page, or if you all feel that we
would be fine with just the Minutes page and 'Previous Meetings'
pages.

Again, as always, ideas and comments are very well received :)

--
Steve Woodruff
swoody at ubuntu.com

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChicagoTeam/Meetings