[Ubuntu Chicago] Art of Community Book (PDF Attached)

Richard JOHNSON nixternal at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 31 22:19:43 BST 2009

Hey everyone!

Our beloved Community Manager, Jono Bacon, has graciously allowed me to
send a copy (in PDF format) of his newest book, The Art of Community. Here
is a quick excerpt about the book:

"In 'The Art of Community' you'll experience the broad range of talents
required to recruit members, motivate them, manage them, and make them
happy to be part of your community. Bacon takes you though the different
stages of community and covers the information you'll need, ranging from
software tools to conflict resolution skills."

There are a bunch of topics covered in this book, and it is a great read if
you are an aspiring community member or a current community leader.

On top of this, I am assuming we are also getting a printed copy shortly in
the mail. When this happens I will let everyone know. With this, I also
have some of the newly released Official Ubuntu books, in which I help
author. Together, with these books, I would like to set up a meeting or
such where we can all get together and talk Ubuntu. We have the Global Jam
coming up, so maybe we can do something then.

Thanks everyone, and enjoy the book. Also try to do the following:

"I would ask one final favour: could you please find a few moments to go
to Amazon and the O'Reily website
(http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596156718/) and review the book. Feel
free to leave the same review on both Amazon and the O'Reilly page.
Positive reviews really help spread the word about the book and
encourage people to read it. If there is no Amazon for your country,
please just leave the review on
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596156718/ - Thanks!"

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96  7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738