[Ubuntu Chicago] Ubuntu 9.04 release party planning

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 8 13:17:08 BST 2009

Hi All,

I wrote this note just before going to bed last night in a rush to get
it out before the end of the night.  That was a mistake.  To me, it
comes off as pretty dry and matter of fact.

Truth is, I'm excited about having our release party.  A bunch of us
have worked pretty hard on this release, so it will be good to get us
together to celebrate a bit.  Right now we have our location in order,
and we have our meeting time set, but I was hoping that, over the next
couple of days, people could share ideas for what to do at the release
party.

I suggested talks, Nathan Handler suggested making it an install /
upgrade-fest, and I know we'll all want food.  :)  If you have any
ideas or thoughts on what you'd like to see at the release party (even
if you are new to the team or to the mailing list), please feel free
to share.

The initial details are up on the wiki,
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChicagoTeam/ReleaseParty

Thanks, all.

Jim

P.S. The octo-mom is going to have her own reality show.  Just sayin'.