[Ubuntu Chicago] Introduce Yourself

Jacob Mathena jacob.mathena at mathenaonline.com
Thu Oct 23 18:11:24 BST 2008

I am Jake.. I have been floating around here for sometime now. I have been
using Linux for many years and started with Ubuntu around Dapper Drake.  I
try to watch posts on the forums and in the emails to help out where I can.
Right now I am going to Keller trying to finish up my MBA, I have two more
classes left.  Between that, working full time at Philips out in Aurora, My
two kids and the wife.. I am very busy.  I am hoping that once school is
over I will be able to participate more with this group.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Michael Wilson <mwilsonemt at gmail.com>wrote:

> My name is Mike and I have been using Linux for about a year.  I am
> currently going to DeVry for Digital Forensics as well as working full time
> and taking care of my daughter.  I would love to get more involved with the
> community, but I think it will have to wait until I'm done with school,
> however I would be interested in going to LoCo meetings out in the burbs or
> taking a ride down town.  I am also currently trying to get into the IT
> field doing somthing while I finish my degree, so please let me know if you
> have any open entry level positions.
>
> Michael Wilson
>

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Richard Johnson <nixternal at kubuntu.org>wrote:
>
>> Seeing as a lot of new members have been joining this list and watching
>> silently from the sidelines, I thought it would be nice to have everyone
>> introduce yourself and let us know who you are and what you would like
>> to see with the LoCo team here in Chicago.
>>
>> My name is Rich Johnson, 34 years old, live in the burbs and work in the
>> city for an open source storage solution called Cleversafe
>> (http://www.cleversafe.com and http://www.cleversafe.org for our open
>> source web site). At Cleversafe I am the 'Linux Packaging and
>> Development Engineer' which means I develop and maintain our custom
>> Linux distribution for our appliances. Unfortunately it is CentOS based
>> but I am hoping that one day it is Ubuntu based.
>>
>> I have been a member of the Ubuntu community for almost 4 years now. I
>> am a MOTU (Master Of The Universe), a Core Developers, and a member of
>> the Kubuntu, MOTU, and Community Councils. I am also the community
>> manager for the Kubuntu project under Ubuntu. Besides working on the
>> Ubuntu project I also am a core developer for the KDE project. One of my
>> hobbies in open source and free software is documentation, so if you are
>> reading system documentation for numerous Linux distros or desktop
>> environments, you may have saw my name. I am also one of the authors for
>> the Official Ubuntu Book (3rd. Ed.) and working on a couple of other
>> publishings as well that deal with the Linux world. You might also
>> catching me working on Debian KDE as well since I am one of the
>> contributing members for the Debian KDE team (though I haven't done all
>> that much of late due to personal life).
>>
>> OK, that's enough about me, I don't want to bore you with more, so let
>> us know who you are now :)
>>
>> If you would like to email me, you can email me at any of the following
>> addresses:
>>
>>        * nixternal at ubuntu.com
>>        * nixternal at kubuntu.org
>>        # rjohnson at kde.org
>>
>> If you would like to contact me by phone, my number is +1 630 445 3860.
>> If I don't know your number off hand or you aren't in my address book, I
>> may screen your call, so please leave a message if you do call. Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Rich Johnson
>> nixternal at kubuntu.org
> [...]

Jake Mathena

- Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don't bother just
to be better than you contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than
yourself
-William Faulkner

http://www.mathenaonline.com