[Ubuntu Chicago] Informal Ubuntu hackfests

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 24 05:59:12 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:44 PM, Daniel Schobel <dschobel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Quick question:  I've been a long time Ubuntu user but never hacked on
> any OSS (but I do write code for a living).
>
> Would it be alright if I showed up and checked out the cool things
> everyone's working on to try and find a project to join or are there
> better ways to go about getting your feet wet in OSS development?

Hi Daniel,

I think these kinds of things are a great way to get introduced to coding on
foss projects.  Especially with this group, it sounds like we'll have a
decent group of people there with a wide range of experiences and
backgrounds.  Hopefully you'll be able to make it out tomorrow, or some
other time.

Jim