[Ubuntu Chicago] quiet around here

Chad Sutton csutton at chadarius.com
Sun Jan 27 20:18:22 GMT 2008

I really like the idea offering free classes, as long as someone is
willing to put in the time on the community. People that are willing
to help with future classes, work on course materials, or help with
marketing, etc... should not have to pay for anything (other than the
cost of materials).

Not everyone wants to participate in the community (they are
interested in the free as in beer part), which is totally fine. But
those people should have to pay for the class.

This is a great way to build up a great local community. People with
either work or pay for the benefits. We gain either way and keep the
classses accessible to anyone with the will to make a difference.

On Jan 27, 2008 2:23 AM, Patrick Green <patlgreen at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the moment, let's stick with skill sets and brainstorming first.
>
> Kevin has some kick butt ideas too.
>
> That said,Eddie has some really good questions about the class proposal I
> make.  As does RJ.
>
> (side note-even ubuntu/canonical charges for support, that does not violate
> the spirit.  Every class, however, would incorporate people who get to the
> class for free. I would not be the only teacher....I do not desire having
> another heart attack.  That is all I say about my idea until we get to phase
> two of this mess I am starting. ;)
>
> We are in phase one now.  Sharing talents and interest and brainstorming
> keen ideas.
>
> Phase two will be assembling a meeting to discuss project viability on
> ideas.  For those that cannot make the meeting, we will conference them in
> on either audio or video depending on their capabilities at home.
>
> Phase three will be execution of projects and communicating this data to
> canonical and the other LoCo groups so we all become better.
>
> Now, I am off to bed.  :)

Later,
Chad