[Ubuntu Chicago] Studebnt video issue

Patrick Green patlgreen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 20:53:45 GMT 2008

To all from both groups.

First we tried the most simple. That was hitting the fn key and pressing f8
which is for the monitor switch.  No love.  Tried to boot into safe graphics
mode....nada.  Used the live CD, mounted into root and entered "sudo
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" in a terminal..followed the steps and voila!

To Marcel, he did not install anything, he just kinda went for it ;).
However, thank you for your tip.  I will be at the school in the morning and
I am gonna share that with him.  For now, being that he is young and has
strong back, I am assuming he is off enjoying Valentines day.

Cheers and thanks to all for your advice and patience!  I love it when I see
community at work and I love it even more when I am involved
directly...either as a recipient or giver.

Patrick