No subject

Tue Apr 29 15:47:36 BST 2008

available to user groups in the city.  (See below)

"This space is also where BARcamp will be this year and will serve as a
standing meeting area for any user groups in town and for CoWorking."

I don't know much about this now, but it sounds like it would be free.  I'll
see what else I can find out.

> 5) Location has to be FREE!
>
> 6) Would be nice to get a video camera to record the sessions
>
> 7) We all take turns running a session, giving presentations

I think looks like there's enough interest from people in the area, and it
would be great if we could get a few more people who aren't even active in
the LoCo involved, too.

Jim

------=_Part_1410_16927687.1209950480521

Hey everyone!<br>
After witnessing this first hand and being super impressed, I would like to<br>
propose the Ubuntu Chicago team start heading up Ubuntu development sessions.<br>
We could alternate sessions between bug triage and packaging. I would donate my<br>
time and experience in helping everyone learn all of the development stages<br>
within the Ubuntu community, however before I do so, I would like to know how<br>
many are interested in such a feat. <br>
Here are just some of my requests though in order to move forward:<br>
1) How many are interested? (I would like to see group meetings of more than 5)<br>
2) Sessions would take place separate of any other local event (ie. not at LUG<br>
meetings)<br>
3) Sessions would vary in time: to start out, I would like to see at least 4+<br>
hour sessions. After everyone has passed the Dev 101 and 102 courses, then we<br>
could do weekly or biweekly hackathons.<br>
4) Locations would need to include:<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; - Room for 10 or more people<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; - Internet connection<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; - Projector and screen<br>
5) Location has to be FREE!<br>
6) Would be nice to get a video camera to record the sessions<br>
7) We all take turns running a session, giving presentations<br>

------=_Part_1410_16927687.1209950480521--