[Ubuntu Chicago] New Website Theme

Freddy Martinez freddymartinez9 at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 17 17:38:05 GMT 2007

I like the new layout but I was hoping we can make it more "team related".
The news could be updated, member pages added etc. Richard, I can (try) to
help out if you ping me tomorrow (when I get back to school and a normal
intrawebs connections). On a personal note, I open up a Wordpress account
and use that? I have WP mostly because I find it to be slow...thoughts?

On 3/17/07, Rich Johnson <nixternal at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 17 March 2007, Jim Campbell wrote:
> | Hmmm... this doesn't seem to be a new website theme, but an entire
> website
> | refresh.  It looks great, but where did our stuff go?
>
> We never really had anything but links to stuff we never added to. I am
> changing this this time around. I am going to Chicago'ize the page today
> and
> make it fit us more. Right now what you see is a tweaked theme of the
> Ubuntu.com theme. Canonical would like LoCo pages to emulate the main site
> as
> much as possible. I think we have done good with that aspect, but now I
> want
> to add a drop down link at the top that will be all Chicago stuff. Then
> create a news page to host our news, and incorporate the Planet into that
> theme as well. So if anyone is a serious PHP hacker let me know. My PHP
> skills are Googled :)
>
> | Maybe others were aware of this change, but I didn't see any activity on
> | the listserve or on IRC about it.  We could've helped with the project,
> or
> | we could've just copied Freddy's blog into an OpenOffice Writer document
> or
> | something.  :-)
>
> I have Freddy's blog. I just need to see if he can edit and add to it.
>
> | We need to communicate better about these changes so that we can help
> each
> | other out.  Were we under some kind of Canonical-imposed time crunch to
> | update our website or something?  What can we do to make this better for
> | next time?
>
> Kind of. I apologize for not coming to the list first, but seeing as there
> was
> nothing more than some stale news (which is still there, just not posted
> on
> the front page) and Freddy's blog, I went ahead with the upgrade. I would
> like to create more of a portal but we shall see how that goes.
>
> --
> Rich Johnson
> nixternal at ubuntu.com
> GPG Key: 0x2E2C0124