[Ubuntu Chicago] RMS anyone?

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 21:05:08 BST 2007

On 7/26/07, Samir Faci <samir.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> You know, considering how much he yammers on about his 4 freedoms and the
> freedom to do this or that, and how I'm being oppressed by using msft, java
> or whatnot...   he sure is charging quiet a bit to hear him tell me about my
> freedom to pay $185 in order to learn more about freedom.

Maybe he could make more money if he organized his speaking engagements like
the Sammy Hagar / David Lee Roth tour a while back.  Let people in free, but
then charge them $30 to leave early.  :-P

Seriously, remember, it's free as in freedom, not always free as in beer!

I will not be attending the event, though.  I've already seen him speak
thanks to the folks at IIT who arranged for him to speak there last year.

Jim
jwcampbell at gmail.com