[Ubuntu Chicago] [ChicagoLinux] VirtualBox errors

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 19:18:12 GMT 2007

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade doesn't suggest installing
the new kernel?  Maybe it won't let you do the kernel upgrade because you'd
have to first install the feisty kernel, and then install the gutsy kernel.

I dunno.  Sounds like a lot of work.  I'm partly wondering if this box is
giving you lots of other problems in terms of regular use, too.

If you still get problems, I might even consider a clean install.  Someone's
excellent blog post would give you a head start on backing up your
packagelist configuration before installing a new OS.
http://j1m.net/2007/05/12/ok-instead-of-apt-on-cd/

Jim