[Ubuntu Chicago] VirtualBox errors

Eddie Martinez eddiemartinez at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 09:20:20 GMT 2007

Hey all, let's play the 'debug VirtualBox' in Gutsy Gibbon Kubuntu 7.10

When I try to launch something in VirtualBox, I get this error:

VirtualBox kernel driver not installed. The vboxdrv kernel module was either
not loaded or /dev/vboxdrv was not created for some reason. Please install
the virtualbox-ose-modules package for your kernel and execute
'/etc/init.d/vboxdrv start' as root.
VBox status code: -1908 (VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED).

Result Code:
0x80004005
Component:
Console
Interface:
IConsole {1dea5c4b-0753-4193-b909-22330f64ec45}

So I try:

darkforce at speculum:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv start
 * Starting VirtualBox kernel module
vboxdrv

FATAL: Module vboxdrv not found.

 * Modprobe vboxdrv failed. Please use 'dmesg' to find out why.

Running dmseg:

darkforce at speculum:~$ darkforce at speculum:~$ dmseg | modprobe vboxdrv
FATAL: Module vboxdrv not found.

I'm not sure exactly what i'm missing or doing wrong, but I am very tired of
trying to fix this error. any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

--
This has been an Eddie Martinez production.
<Please exit in an orderly fashion>