[Ubuntu Chicago] O'Reilly User Group Discounts

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 16 20:15:11 BST 2007

Hey everyone!

If you remember, a few weeks ago I let you know that I submitted our team to
the O'Reilly User Group Program. Well today I got an email back that we have
been accepted into the program. As I put together further information I will
keep you abreast.

Something we need to do is add the O'Reilly banner to our website(s).
- CoDLUG: Tony, if you could put up a banner for the UG. The website is
http://ug.oreilly.com/.
- Ubuntu Chicago: I will take care of this as soon as our server comes back
online.

Now for some cool stuff. We will be able to request books for free in order to
do a review of it. These reviews will be posted on our website, newletter,
mailing list, and so on. Also, all members get a discount when purchasing
book directly through O'Reilly. Here is a blurb from O'Reilly concerning
this:

[quote]
Your group members receive a 35% discount on O'Reilly, No Starch,
Paraglyph, PC Publishing, Pragmatic Bookshelf, Rocky Nook, SitePoint, or
YoungJin products purchased directly from O'Reilly. The discount code
your members should use is DSUG. Orders can be placed online at
http://www.oreilly.com/store/ or by calling 800-998-9938. Your members
are also entitled to a discount on O'Reilly conferences and tutorials.
Other special discount offers may also be forwarded to your group from
time to time.
[/quote]

So remember when you purchase through O'Reilly that you put DSUG in as the
discount code and you will get 35% off instantly.

As I said, the more information I get, the more I will pass on.

### CODLUG ###
We have our monthly meeting this Sunday, August 19, 2007 from 10am to 4pm.
During this time, we can discuss this further. Tony said he will be there so
maybe we can work on finalizing the website.

Thanks everyone!

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at ubuntu.com