[Ubuntu Chicago] Software Freedom Day Festivities...

manchicken manchicken at notsosoft.net
Thu Aug 16 21:38:22 BST 2007

So, as many of you know, I'm here in Central Illinois, and as many of you also
know, I'm a Free Software fanatic.  I love my freedom, and I love my
software.  When you put the two together it just gives me happy feelings.

It is for these reasons that I am wanting to have a little bit of Software
Freedom activity here in Champaign-Urbana on the 15th of September.

For this event, I'd like to do three things:
1) Hand out flyers and Free Software discs on the UIUC campus (preferably
branded ones)

2) I'd like to see if we could get someone to give a talk on Freedom in
Software somewhere on the UIUC campus.

3) I'd like to have an all-inclusive Free Software celebration at a TBA
location.

Some of these events may cost money, so if we get enough interest I'd like to
find someone who can help me plan, and help me budget, so we can try to see
if we can raise funds for the festivities.  I think system76 would be
interested in partnering with us for this, so I'll ping their people and ask
them what's up with that.

ALSO, there will be an Illibuntu some time in October at the new--and vastly
improved--manchicken house of hack in Mahomet, IL, so stay tuned for that.

For those of you who have been wondering, no, manchicken isn't dead.  He's
just buying a house, becoming a daddy, and holding down a full-time job.

--
~ manchicken <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer.