[Ubuntu Chicago] Greetings

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Apr 23 22:43:44 BST 2007

John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Freddy Martinez wrote:
>> Hello John. I am quite interested in bazaar and how it handles version
>> management. Its a nice tool to use and I was wondering if you would be
>> interested in giving a talk to the Chicago LoCo next time we meet to
>> introduce it to people. It wouldn't be anything more than 15 minutes, we
>> usually sit around and talk about various things we want to get going.
>> Anyways, thanks for introduction, Welcome.
>

> I would be happy to. Certainly I would be interested in figuring out the
> audience first, so I know what people would be interested in.
>
> John
> =:->

Just to clarify this a bit. There are a lot of people with differing
levels of experience with a version control system. I could give a talk
about VCS in general, and getting started with how Bazaar can work.

Or there are people who are comfortable with SVN/CVS and want to know
how bzr is different. (Being a distributed VCS there can be a bit of a
learning curve, though we have worked hard to support workflows that
should be very comfortable to people coming from SVN/CVS).
So I could give a talk about what Bazaar brings to the table, versus
these other systems.

Other people might have even taken the leap into the world of
distributed VCS systems which have recently seen an explosion in
interest. (darcs, hg, monotone, git, svk, codeville, etc)
And I could explain some of the things we do differently, and generally
why we do them differently.

I could also come with a basic presentation, and then open the floor for
questions, etc.

John
=:->