[Ubuntu Chicago] Greetings

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 23:17:02 BST 2007

On 4/23/07, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:

> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Just to clarify this a bit. There are a lot of people with differing
> levels of experience with a version control system. I could give a talk
> about VCS in general, and getting started with how Bazaar can work.

[snip]

I could also come with a basic presentation, and then open the floor for
> questions, etc.

Who knew we had a Canonical employee in the area?  Maybe the south suburbs
represent some sort of hot new tech corridor.

Given the diverse nature of our group, I think that an introduction to
Bazaar, followed by a Q&A session would be good.  That way, those who don't
know what a version control system does will get a good understanding of
what it is and how it works, and those who are familiar with Bazaar (or
other VCS tools) can ask their more specific questions toward the end.
Perhaps a demonstration of how Bazaar is typically used during the middle of
the talk could help drive some questions, too . . .

At our meeting on Saturday we discussed setting up a presentation queue for
the Loco, and this would be a welcome addition.  I'll see how soon I can set
that up.  Plus, it would just be good to meet you.

Thanks again,

Jim

jwcampbell at gmail.com