Ubuntu-Chicago Off topic KDE vvs Gnome

Mike Greenwood mjgreenwood at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 16:38:39 BST 2006

Well I know this is a bit off topic and has been beaten into the ground but
I wanted Chicago's take on this.

I'm a gnome fan only buy default (I'm use to it).  I've install kde in the
past and was impressed.  This time how ever I got into it a bit and tweaked
the display.

I noticed that KDE seems to run crazy fast compared to gnome.  Is this
something others have experienced?  Since apps are interchangeable what are
your pro/cons
for each?  Just thought I'd ask...

mike

PS.  I got a new job..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm tossing that old one to the curb