Ubuntu-Chicago Meeting Collaboration Idea

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 12 05:38:41 BST 2006

Ubuntu Chicago,

Hey everyone, I was just chatting with John Quigley of the Chicago LUG
(http://www.chiglug.org). We were talking about a possible collaboration of a
meeting for a couple of reasons, and very good ones at that.

* We could join up with a couple of LUGs from the area, possibly FREE GEEK
Chicago (http://www.freegeekchicago.org), and have one big Linux meeting

* During this day, we could have separate tracks, or BoFs where we could go
off and talk about Ubuntu Marketing and what not.

* It would bring a larger group of people together, and the Chicago LUG are
known for their very talented coders which happen to provide some pretty
awesome presentations

* They already have a venue, in the city (Chicago Institute of Design) - 350
N. LaSalle St. Accessible via CTA, and for us in the burbs, a quick train
ride on the Metra, get off and hope on one of the water taxis (super cheap,
and quicker than a cab).

This might be pretty cool, and it will allow us to meet more people interested
in FOSS and Linux as well. We can spend an hour or two on Ubuntu Chicago
specifics, and then join in on some programming stuff and what not.

What does everyone think of something like this?  Octoberish (end),
Novemberish?

Richard Johnson <> nixternal at ubuntu.com
ubuntu.com <> kubuntu.com <> edubuntu.com <> xubuntu.com <> chi.ubuntu-us.com
online everywhere as nixternal
<><