Ubuntu-Chicago Speak Up

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 2 04:15:07 BST 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 19:03, Max Luebbe wrote:
> I've been busy moving to a new apt and doing contact work all over the
> place.

Always a lot of fun isn't it ;)

> I'd be for a hackathon/intro. to python. Python would be a good choice
> cause its powerful, yet forgiving for beginners and is the lingua franca
> for Ubuntu.

I would be as well. I would like to learn Python a little (a lot actually)
more. It seems a hackathon is a favorite so far. I like what John said as
well, incorporating it so us non-hackers can participate as well, and even
learn a little more hacking. I haven't hacked C++ in a long time, and Python
I just mess around with here and there trying to learn it.

> I was a CS TA at a state university for three semesters, so I'd be down
> to organize it if there was sufficient interest.

NOTED! You will definitely be a lot of help then with organizing events. Also
guys, the Chicago LUG does some cool stuff too, and is another way that we
can get more involved in the community. John and those guys have a lot of
experience setting stuff like this up as well. But Ubuntu Chicago definitely
needs another meeting though to pick out projects, create projects, hang out,
hack, document, and learn. A full day would be cool, but we need to try to
work around as many people as possible.

> I also think it would be amazing if the next time we have a meeting, we
> do it somewhere accessable by mass trans, and located closer to the
> city.

I am down pretty much for any location within 30 minutes, 45 minutes as well.
So that is the burbs and the city pretty much. Parking would be good as well.

Thanks again Max for the email and the offers, we can definitely use that help
with the next event w/o a doubt.

Richard Johnson <> nixternal at ubuntu.com
ubuntu.com <> kubuntu.com <> edubuntu.com <> xubuntu.com <> chi.ubuntu-us.com
online everywhere as nixternal
<><