[Ubuntu Chicago] Can you help me?

Dick Lancial lunch at frontiernet.net
Wed Dec 20 19:28:26 GMT 2006

Original message:
I downloaded the Ubuntu OS .iso software.  Then I read and followed the
instructions for the MD5 Sums program (which is described on the Ubuntu
website) before I burn the iso image onto a CD.  After having done that
the MD5 Sum program indicated that the sums were NOT the same but were
different.  Does this mean that the iso image I downloaded is either
bad, corrupted or otherwise incomplete,  and therefore if burned to a CD
will not be a good burn and if so, would it be better to download from a
different download site?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Dick Lancial
lunch at frontiernet.net

Reply:

I did not know this was a members only list.  Sorry for the intrusion!  Dick Lancial  lunch at frontiernet.net

Your answer:

Your mail to 'Ubuntu-us-chicago' with the subject

    Can you help me?

The reason it is being held:

    Post by non-member to a members-only list

notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel