[Ubuntu-US-CA] Canonical Produced CDs

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 22 08:46:35 UTC 2010

Many thanks to Scott Ritchie for requesting, receiving and on Friday,
June 4th delivering to me approximately 250 Lucid discs to be "put to
good use."  As some of you already know I have been to the best of my
ability distributing them to the people that can best "put them to
good use."  I apologize for not announcing this as soon as I got them.
 I will be accounting for where they went/are going soon.  If you
would like some discs produced by Canonical, please let me or Neal
know and we will coordinate fulfilling as many requests as we can from
our limited supplies in one way or another.  We need to hold ourselves
accountable for the distribution of all Canonical supplied resources.

The discs Scott requested were specifically not requested through team
channels for reasons which I won't get into right now.

An additional 500 discs were duplicated by Billy Sanders and Jack
Deslippe of our berkeleylug.com group.  Thank you Billy and Jack for
your continued contributions.  In past cycles others have provided
printed sleeves which were greatly appreciated, thank you.  This cycle
I have been folding and marking 8.5x11 paper with a sharpie.  I have
again been distributing these to fulfill as many needs as I am aware
of including several deployments in San Francisco middle schools,
several Linux user groups, the berkeleylug.com Linux Showcase hosted
by zareason.com and the San Francisco Installfest hosted by
noisebridge.net and Leif Ryge.  Jack and I will be accounting for
where these burned discs went/are going soon.

I encourage others to do as I and other LoCos throughout the world
have done in this and previous release cycles.  If you are able please
contribute to producing CDs for distribution in our state.  We have
limited resources and many more people in California who could make
good use of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx!

Cheers,

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam