[ubuntu-arizona] Ubuntu-Arizona Newsletter 6th Edition

John Crawford johnc4510 at cox.net
Wed Jun 13 22:21:14 BST 2007

    Ubuntu-Arizona LoCo <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCo> Team - The
    Hottest LoCo <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCo> on Earth

        Ubuntu-Arizona Weekly Newsletter #06 (Week of June13 to June 19,
        2007)

        Our wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam

        It was a busy meeting on Sunday, so I will get right to the
        announcements. We added a link to FullCircleMagazine on the main
        wiki page here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam  This is a
        very good publication, with lots of good articles. I encourage
        all members to sign up. With Ian gone, we had lost our gtetrinet
        server. bluecat9 however has stepped in and enabled it on his
        server. You can get the connection info from one of us in the
        IRC Channel. Speaking of Ian, he forwarded an email he received
        from Ubuntu, which gave the ok for our team to use our logo on
        items from CafePress.

        I(johnc4510) have put my on the Community Council Agenda for
        Ubuntu Membership. As you all should know by now, we need at
        least on Ubuntu Member to apply for Approved Team Status. I have
        been lucky enough to get Vorian, atoponce and etank to stand up
        for my in the council meeting. Vorian tells me that I should
        also have as many team members present as possible too. Vorian
        likens this to having a cheering squad available to help seal
        the deal. The Council meeting date and time have not been set
        yet, but when it is, I will let everyone know. I would
        appreciate having those who are available attending in my
        behalf. We also decided to encourage all members to become an
        Ubuntero. This is a very easy thing to do, and only involves
        signing the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. Here is a link to that so
        everyone can decide for themselves:
        http://www.ubuntulinux.org/community/processes/newmember/

        DX00 reported that server is still not up and running yet. He is
        still having a problem installing the Ubuntu Server Operating
        System. It seems the cd-rom is not being cooperative. slofgren
        said he would be in Phoenix this week, and will see if he can
        assist DX00 in getting the system installed. We also decided
        that we would have a conference call between myself and a few of
        the members to further cement the goals of the Server Team. In
        other words, what uses we could get out of the server for the
        team and Ubuntu.

        The main discussion of the meeting centered around our Outline
        for Team Approval here:
        https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/Teams/Approval_Outline?action=show
        It was decided to accept the outline and the projects involved
        in order to be able to submit for Team Approval by the end of
        August 2007. I have since made a new wiki page here:
        https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/Teams/Approval_Outline/Resources?action=show
        for volunteers of time and material to sign up at. Please sign
        up ASAP so that we can start to organize each area into groups
        of members to work on the projects. If you don't sign up, we
        can't get started. :)

        We also discussed increasing our involvement with the areas
        local LUG groups. slofgren thinks that it is necessary to  be
        able to  work with the different LUG groups in state in order to
        promote support for Ubuntu and Open Source in Arizona. I have
        added this item to next weeks agenda for further discussion.

        That's it for now. Don't forget to sign up to help on the Team
        Approval Projects

--
John Crawford
johnc4510 at cox.net