[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Phone web browser broken

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Wed Aug 31 10:08:00 UTC 2016

I am still having a problem with my Ubuntu Phone, lots of it not working
now. No web browser, no text messaging, no Network Indicator and thus no
phone connection, no wifi connection and sometimes keyboard not working
when trying to type.

If I reset the phone, and lose all my data, would everything work again?

And how would I back up my data. This page has some info, but not sure
how to implement it:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/602850/how-do-i-backup-my-ubuntu-phone

    Backing up /home/phablet will backup everything except the apps
    which are in a number of places including /opt/click.ubuntu.com/ and
    /usr/share/click/preinstalled.

How would I go about backing up these places? If I connect the phone to
my Ubuntu PC, these places are not all visible to the PC.

David K