[ubuntu-uk] Publishing to the software centre

Alan James Jenkins alan.james.jenkins at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 13:59:58 UTC 2014

Hey Pete,

From experience I know that the worst part of getting a piece of software packaged is the initial setup. Once that is done and the infrastructure is in place it is easy to keep updating the package. However as you have seen it can be a real pain in the bum to get setup if you have not done it before.

There are several suites of tools to help you build packages though but as I have previously stated I have not got a lot of experience building debian packages (I have a lot more experience building rpm’s for work).

Don’t let this put you off though and give it a try at some point plus now you can also learn from this thread and of course if you hit your own problems just mail us all and we will do our best to help you.

Thanks,

Alan Jenkins