[ubuntu-uk] Publishing to the software centre

Peter Smout smoutpete at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 14:07:19 UTC 2014

On 24/04/14 14:59, Alan James Jenkins wrote:
> Hey Pete,
>
>  From experience I know that the worst part of getting a piece of
> software packaged is the initial setup. Once that is done and the
> infrastructure is in place it is easy to keep updating the package.
> However as you have seen it can be a real pain in the bum to get setup
> if you have not done it before.
>
> There are several suites of tools to help you build packages though but
> as I have previously stated I have not got a lot of experience building
> debian packages (I have a lot more experience building rpm’s for work).
>
> Don’t let this put you off though and give it a try at some point plus
> now you can also learn from this thread and of course if you hit your
> own problems just mail us all and we will do our best to help you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan Jenkins

My small prog is a long way from being ready, it works for me, but for
everyone is a big jump & alot more testing to be done ;)
Then I shall start on the GUI (again so as I can say "I did that")

Then maybe once all of that is done I will feel confident enough to say
'lets give it a go' ;)

But I am a long way from that yet, and as a "rainy day project" the
problem it's designed to overcome might well have been solved by then!!

Pete S