[ubuntu-uk] Packard Bell, what wonderful support!

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Fri May 10 10:01:01 UTC 2013

> And whilst I do not doubt your IT ability, I would question your
> wisdom in not having any backups of your system -- as others have
> suggested, the next time you get paid by a customer I would go out and
> buy yourself a couple of external hard drives to back up onto.  These
> are legitimate business costs and can be offset against tax, so need
> not cost you much at all.... and will give you the security of knowing
> your data is safe... just in case the hard drive does die on you
> sometime in the future (be it through you driving over it in your car
> or for another reason).
>
> Sean

I've said this several times. I do have backups. However a compressed
file on a remote server won't work for me when I go to do my job on
Monday. We seem to have strayed way too far into my personal
circumstances, I'd love to have every bit of kit to do every job I ever
need to get done but as with everything in life sometimes you just can't
have what you want, sometimes you have to work damn hard for it. And
sometimes you lose it all and have to start again. I'm working on that,
and before anyone comments, no, my current job doesn't require me to
have this stuff. I repair games consoles so although IT related it's
still a rather different role.