[ubuntu-uk] DSL Provider

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Tue May 7 12:13:54 UTC 2013

Talk Talk get a a lot of stick but I still think they are worth considering. The customer service can be a bit frustrating but, from a technical standpoint, I've never had an issue of any kind with them since I first signed up some years ago.

They admit to shaping peer-to-peer at peak hours but I can't say I've ever noticed it having any effect.

One point to bear in mind is that they are prepared to negotiate. Each time the contract is up for renewal (18 months) I dream up a fictitious quote from a competitor and they're always keen to beat it. I now get unlimited BB, line rental, unlimited calls (though not premium rate or mobile) and 1571 service for just over £23 a month.

Talk Talk's supplied router is a nifty little device. It's provides strong wi-fi coverage all round the house which my previous Netgear router never could.

A tip - the advertised BB costs from any ISP are often "from". If you live in the sticks, like I do, you usually end up paying more.

Nige