[ubuntu-uk] DSL provider

Matt Wheeler m at funkyhat.org
Tue May 7 11:09:20 UTC 2013

If you are an EE (or T-Mobile or Orange) customer (either contract or
payg) I would recommend EE's ADSL simply on price. I have been using
them since February and have had no issues. Their cheapest package is
£19/m including line rental (£24/m if you aren't an EE group
customer).

Speeds are pretty decent for ADSL, and they do shape traffic at peak
times, but streaming a film or TV still works fine at any time, in my
experience.

On 7 May 2013 08:36, TT Mooney <ttmooney at dilettantism.com> wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I've been a happy user of O2 broadband for years, but now that Murdoch has
> laid his hands on it, I want to change provider.
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation? I used to have BT, and they were mostly
> useless. There is a bit of bittorent going on, so I'm looking for an
> uncapped adsl2 service. Virgin Media is not available in my area.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Travis

Matt Wheeler
m at funkyHat.org