[ubuntu-uk] Computer restarts on shutdown

Anton Kanishchev antonk20117 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 22:24:29 UTC 2012

What you could do is to patch 12.04 installation fully.
Then try to shut down from terminal. If that works consistently (might do)
then it is a software bug or error. If it isn't it is likely to be another
issue. If you are still under warranty and /or lenovo phone support is
free/not expensive you could try calling them to see whether it is a known
issue. You can could also manually check the lenovo website for updates.
Is this problem new or has it been present for a while?
Could you check whether it restarts instead of shutdown on both battery and
main, some similarly if there are any programs that are running when you
shutdown.